Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bored to sleep

Taylor has two A.P. classes that he is taking in school this coming year. For both of these classes he has a summer reading assignment. I, being the responsible Mother purchased these books and planned on getting them read while we were in Utah. Taylor wanted me to read them with him. Which is a practice I started with Bret because some of the books they ask these poor high school kids to read are quit frankly inappropriate reading material for teens. So I would read them with him so I could sensor them as we read. So any way, of course Taylor thinks this is "normal and customary" and I really didn't mind. I like the bonding time we get to spend together. So anyway... our first attempt to read the book for A.P. U.S. History "Founding Brothers" proved to be useless. Every few pages I would have to nudge Taylor to get him to wake up! I tried this a few times while we were on vacation and then decided that he just wasn't getting enough sleep and that we would just resume our reading when we returned home. Well today, with the start of school getting dangerously close and still 4 chapters to read in one book and the whole other book, I told Taylor we were going to get some reading done.
We read for a about 10 minutes sitting in the computer chair and a dining room chair. I was getting kind of uncomfortable in the hard chair so I suggested we move into the living room and sit on the couch. He was agreeable so we moved. I started reading what was beginning to actually be a pretty interesting rendition of the most famous Duel in history (Burr vs. Hamilton) and I am getting into the story. I look up to see if Taylor is as enthralled as I am and this is what I see..............

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I remember those days. College doesn't get any better. In fact, it's WORSE! I'm glad I found your page! We hope all is well!!