Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's tourist season at the Short Resort!





Yesterday my baby sister Mary left to return home after a 6 day visit with us. It is really quiet at my house today without her sweet little 17 month old baby girl here. She is the most adorable little girl ever! She wears these little shoes that squeak when she walks. It makes it really easy to find her when you are home or out in public. She loved to go "SHWIMMING" and she would yell for Megan, Tay, Bet or Aunt ELNEN constantly. Today My Dad and Grace are coming to visit for a week. Megan loves when they come because she loves to play card games and they will sit and play cards with her for hours! Taylor will recieve his Eagle Scout award this Saturday. I am so proud of him! Bret is taking his last final today and he will officially have his Associates Degree. He is transferring to the University of Utah to finish up his bachelors degree in Mass Communication. He is still hoping to be a famous movie star but just in case that doesn't happen he will have his degree to fall back on. Taylor got accepted at BYU Provo and will attend there for two semesters then serve a mission. It will be really hard to have both of my boys leave at the same time but I'm excited for both of them and their new adventures! Megan will miss them terribly and I'm already prepared for her to declare that she is moving to Utah too.

The next couple of months will be extremely busy and full of tears as Taylor Graduates and both boys move on. We will spend several weeks this summer in Utah before we settle in to our new routines without the boys. Less laundry and less events to attend.... no extra drivers to take Meg to dance class and young womans,or run to the store for a missing ingredient needed for dinner.....lots of adjustments!

I'm pretty sure it is going to be a very difficult year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So stinkin cute! Now update more often :) Love you and miss you XOXO

Clay & Sara said...

She is a very beautiful little girl! I loved this post! I don't know how you will manage to have them both leave at the same time, but I know you will do well. You are a strong Momma & you have raised those boys right! It will be an adjustment for sure. I can't imagine mine leaving.. I dread thinking that they will be on a mission in 17 & 1/2 more years.. Seems like a long time, but definitely isn't lol! Love you! :)