Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long Time....No Posts!





WOW! I just looked at my blog and can hardly believe it has been 7 months since I have updated it! I am a Blog failure!

Yesterday was Labor Day and so everyone had the day off. Bret went to Orlando with Luke for the weekend and Taylor spent the day at Siesta Key beach with a bunch of his friends. That left Megan, Steve and I to hang out together. We decided to have a nice lunch, shop, see a movie and end the evening at California Pizza Kitchen. The only movie out there that we could take Megan to was "Julie/Julia. So we went to see that. I enjoyed the movie, Steve said it was OK but Megan was bored to tears! She must of gone out to get a drink, go to the bathroom, get popcorn, talk on her phone etc... 20 times. We ended the night meeting Kristy and her kiddos for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Bret and Luke surprised us by showing up at CPK. It was a wonderful day!

This past summer we went on our annual trip to Utah. This year was so much fun!
We started out the trip with a big family campout. The first night we had hamburgers to eat. That night at about 2 a.m. Megan came in and woke me up. She said she had just barfed! YUCK!! As it turns out she had soiled the only sleeping bag she had to sleep in. It was FREEZING and the only blanket I had was a child sized quilt. After freezing our toes off sitting out side while she finished up the barfing, I figured out that the only logical place for us to sleep the rest of the night was in the car. So Megan and I climbed into the front seat of our Toyota Camry Rental car. I threw the little quilt I had over the top of us. We tried to go back to sleep for an hour. Neither one of us could get warm enough to be comfortable so I turned on the car and let it heat us up. We both finally fell asleep. The next day Megan was fine! Thankfully non of the other cousins got sick. I am pretty sure it must of been food poisening. In spite of the rocky start we sure had a great time!

No comments: